|Maximum current consumption detector head||77 deg F (25 deg C) and 39 V bus voltage|
|Maximum allowable line resistance||50 om|
|Protection category||IP 42|
|Relative Humidity||95% (non-condensing)|
|Temperatures Installation||+32 deg F to +100 deg F (0 deg C to +38 deg C)|
|Temperatures Storage||-13 deg F to +176 deg F (-25 deg C to +80 deg C)|
|Dimensions Detector||4.4 in. x 2.0 in. (11.2 cm x 5.1 cm)|
|Sensitivity||+135 deg F to +194 deg F (+57 deg C to +90 deg C), programmable + RoR|
|Airflow||4000 ft/min (20 m/s) maximum|
|When polled||22 mA +- 20%|
|Operating voltage (SLC loop)||24 VDC to 41 VDC|
The FAH¿¿¿440 Analog Heat Detector is an open-area fire detector that works with the FPA¿¿¿1000 Analog Addressable Fire Panels. Use it with the FAA¿¿¿440 family of bases in indoor dry environments with high ambient temperatures where smoke detectors might not be suitable because of steam or fumes; such as kitchens, boiler rooms, or drying rooms.Features:
- Selectable Fixed Temperature threshold
- Rate-of-Rise feature can be switched on or off
- Selectable base locking mechanism prevents malicious removal of the detector
- The detector has a valid address range from 1 to 254 which is set by rotary switches on the back of the detector.
- The detector head has a multi¿¿¿color LED to indicate status. To verify power to the detector and functioning communication of the analog addressable loop, the LED indicator flashes green when operating normally (polling). Through panel parameter setting, it ispossible to turn on or off operation of the polling indicator. In the event of an alarm condition, the detector LED will always show a steady red light.
- The detector is part of a two¿¿¿piece modular design for detector assemblies. A detector attaches to a base in the FAA¿¿¿440 Analog Standard Base or Analog Isolator Base family. The base’s security locking tab prevents any unauthorized detector removal from the base.
Selectable Threshold Setting:
- Local programming is carried out at the panel keypad or by computer through a Web browser. Remote programming is carried out through a Web browser.
- The detector has an alarm threshold temperature range of +135°F to +194°F (+57°C to +90°C) with 17 possible settings. The rate-of-rise feature can be switched on or off.
Detectors are typically mounted on the ceiling. However, if detectors are mounted on a wall, they must be at least 4 in. (10.2 cm), but no more than 12 in. (30.5 cm), below the ceiling. When other devices containing magnets or producing magnetic fields (for example, loudspeakers) are present in the area, the base must be at least 1 ft (30 cm) from these devices to prevent unwanted activation of the test switch.
The following products are compatible with the FAH¿¿¿440 Analog Heat Detector:
- If a remote indicator is used in the circuit, it must be no more than 10 ft (3 m) from the base.
|Category||Product ID||Product Description|
|Fire Panels||FPA¿¿¿1000 Series||Analog Addressable Fire Panels|
|Fire Panel Accessories||FPE¿¿¿1000¿¿¿SLC||Signaling Line Circuit Plug¿¿¿in Module|
|Detector Bases||FAA¿¿¿440¿¿¿B4||4¿¿¿inch Analog Standard Base|
|FAA¿¿¿440¿¿¿B6||6¿¿¿inch Analog Standard Base|
|FAA-440-B4- ISO||4¿¿¿inch Analog Isolator Base|
|FAA-440-B6- ISO||6¿¿¿inch Analog Isolator Base|